I just got home from the funeral of a dear friend. He was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in January 2011 and then passed away on the weekend. The funeral was a celebration of his life and it got me to thinking.
There are so many things that I want to do in my life and with my life. Yet each year passes by and many things remain undone.
So I am going to write them down here. Then I can update you and write new posts when I complete some of these items on my bucket list.
I would love to know that when I came to the end of my life that I had made a difference in some way in the lives of others.
I would also love to know that I had lived my dreams and done many of the things that I wanted to do.
There are a few regrets that I already have in my life. I want to make a decision to not be ruled by these or to allow my life to be limited by them.
Sometimes in life we can change things and other times we can’t. When it comes to relationships with others we can only do so much, the rest is in the hands of the other person.
So here are some things that I want to do in my life and I set up heart to achieving these over the coming months and (God willing) years.
12-Month Bucket List
- Visit my uncle and auntie in Melbourne.
- Go on a family holiday with my 2 kids and husband.
- Fly to New Zealand with my husband and kids for holiday.
- See my mum settled in a nice place to live.
- Share something of my life with others to encourage and empower them.
Five-Year Bucket List
- Take my husband and kids back to Israel for a 2-month holiday to visit friends and see where we used to live.
- Ride a camel on the beach at sunset or sunrise.
- Go in a hot air balloon in 3 different countries.
- Go on an Alaskan cruise.
- Take my mum on a cruise.
- Travel around Australia for 6 months in a camper van.
- Take Greg’s mum on holiday to Vanuatu to where she used to live.
- Remove all of the clutter and mess from our home.
- Move into a nice home with space inside to organize things and at least half an acre of land.
- Grow a lovely herb garden.
- Go horse riding more than once!
- Be able to travel and work online at the same time.
I am sure that this list will grow and change over time. I want to be able to update the list and I will do this through the “Bucket List” category on this website.
I wish you all of the very best with your own bucket list and in seeing your own desires and dreams fulfilled.
Until next time, Remember to Enjoy Life, Smile at a Stranger and Make a Difference in the World!
Leanne Annett <><